Friday, April 06, 2007

California Here We Come!! Day One - Getting There

Eli and I left last Wednesday to go visit Tricia and Jolie in California! We had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back!! Our travels there were quite the adventures!!
It's really early!! Our flight left at 6:15 a.m.!!


Well, my original plan was to use the car seat for all flights. It worked great on the first flight, but it was only an hour long. About an hour into the second flight, Eli started crying and did so for about an hour. He was not happy in his car seat. The flight wasn't full and the seats in front of us were empty after this couple moved back to their original seats while Eli was crying!! Why move in front of a two-year-old anyway?? So, I took him out of his car seat and strapped it into one of the seats in front of us. Eli was perfect the rest of the flight!! Here he is having a snack and being silly!!
His diaper leaked so I had to hang his pants over the seat to let them dry. Eli didn't mind at all. Especially when he realized he could put his stickers all up his legs!!
Well, the little man didn't sleep at all on our four and a half hour flight, but he did pass out almost instantly once we reached L.A. I just put him in his stroller and went for a little walk to help him fall asleep. He slept for and hour and a half!!
On our last flight, which was to San Luis Obispo, the decent was pretty bumpy since the wind was blowing about 30 mph there. Eli had just drank some milk and, needless to say, he experienced some airsickness. Luckily, I already had his pants off so he could play with his stickers again. Getting off the plane, I wrapped him up in my jacket. I should have taken pictures of that but I was a little flustered. I am very thankful we had reached our destination, because I didn't have a change of clothes for him in my carry-on. What an eventful day!!

5 comments:

Wilson Family said...

It looks like you guys had a great trip. What an event it was getting there with wet pants and throw up! It always seems that anytime we go anywhere Cameron has a blow out or a leak. I guess that's just the way it is. ALWAYS carry extra clothes as I am learning! I'm glad you guys have fun!

Danko Family said...

Leah, you are one brave woman to do all that flying with a 2 year old by yourself! It looks like you had a fun time in CA with Trisha. I hope her husband gets home safe and sound and they are able to spend some quality family time together. Jolie couldn't be any cuter!!!!!

The Harveys said...

Don't you just LOVE those early flights?

stephanie said...

He looks so sweet sleeping leah, we have to get those boys together!

lillian said...

what a fun trip,..but I am sure slightly hectic for you...He is so cute!