Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kitchen Cabinets

Well, I am pretty much done with the kitchen cabinets. There is still a little bit of touching up that needs to be done, and I need to finish the parts beside the appliances. I just haven't had a chance to do it on a weekend where John can help me move them. Over all, I am very pleased. I was able to get new hardware, but the hinges I bought are too small (since our house is so old) that I had to take those back and use the original ones. So, I have brushed silver knobs and handles and bronze hinges. I'm thinking of either painting the hinges white or seeing if there's some way to spray paint them the brushed silver. I don't know if either one of those ideas will work. I just don't want to have to drill new holes in all my cabinet doors.

All that's left for the kitchen now is painting the walls, finishing the baseboards, crown molding, new appliances and maybe new counter tops. I think I would like tile counter tops, but I'm not sure I want to mess with grout. We'll see. The kitchen still has a long way to go, but it is looking better every day!!


1 comment:

Danko Family said...

Nice job Leah!