Friday, August 03, 2007

My Kitchen (I'm saying that with a sigh)!!

I thought I would show you all the journey our kitchen is taking...

Here is one picture of it before we moved in. It's hard to tell but there are two different layers of wallpaper on the walls and the floor is an updated linoleum. It was very uneven and inconsistent.

This is the kitchen a few days ago. John and his friend, Tim, pulled up one layer of the plywood under the linoleum. I had removed some of the cabinet doors to start painting them. That is a slow process for me!!

Check out that old school linoleum. Looks like what was in my Grandmother's kitchen!!

This is actually how it looks right now. John and Justin (my brother) are using some fancy saw made specifically for cutting plywood from under cabinets. This kitchen is a complete mess!!



Next Saturday, the 11th, John and some of his very gracious friends are putting the hardwoods in the kitchen. They have already tackled the living room, dining room and hallway. I am so excited to have the kitchen done!! Once we are done with this room it will look totally different from when we moved in. I'll keep you posted!!

3 comments:

The Harveys said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see the total transformation! Wow, I sound like a home improvement show!!

Danko Family said...

What a big undertaking Leah! Good luck with the rest of your work!!!!

Danko Family said...

Hey leah...yes...my parents are still in the same house. Are you and Eli going to be in the area at all this month seeing family? If so, come on over!