Friday, July 25, 2008

The Past Week

We have been pretty busy over the past week. We start off most mornings with Eli holding Jenny!! He loves to hold her! Last Saturday, after hanging out at Mimi & Pappy's house with Eli's cousins, he and I headed out on the boat with my Dad, Chris, Carrie, Emy & Kenzie.
This kids had a blast!

Earlier, at Mimi & Pappy's, Eli went swimming with John and his cousins. On the walk home he had quite the tumble and ended up with these nice scratches on his face. They are practically gone now!!
Here's Jenny chilling on the couch. She just got off the phone from calling Daddy to see when he was going to be home from work!!
This morning I was able to go to a big consignment sale alone!! Thanks Mimi & Pappy!! The only specific thing I was looking for was a Bumbo seat. My friend, Jeanne, got there earlier than me and held one for me! Thanks, Jeanne! I didn't think Jenny would be able to go in it yet, but she did great!! She never toppled over!!I even got a smile out of her!!Eli likes it, too!I never posted about Jenny's two month check-up. She is now 10lbs 3 oz and, I think, 21 inches. She gained 3 lbs in one month!! Great job, Jenny! She is doing great! She only gets up once at night and sleeps between 8 and 9 hours overnight. She does great during the day and has become a lot more alert and interactive!! She has become such a joy!! I look forward to the months ahead!

We received some good news today! John was given a promotion at work!! He is now a Senior Sales Representative for his pharmaceutical sales job!! His job is still the same, but his title is different. I guess there are four levels of sales reps and he wasn't expecting to get to the second level for another couple of years! We were so excited and are thankful to God for blessing John and for allowing him to have favor among his superiors!! He was even given a little raise!!

3 comments:

The Harveys said...

Yeah for Bumbos and promotions!!!

Danko Family said...

I searched for a used Bumbo for about a month until I finally found one. I love consignment sales for thinks like that. Congratulations to John for the promotion...how wonderful!

Laura said...

Hey Leah,

Those bumpko chairs look great. If we ever have another little one, I'd like to get one.

And congratulations on John getting a raise. That's great!

Laura