Thursday, February 07, 2008

You Never Know What You'll Find

I have been doing some little projects around our house lately. Things such as painting the basement bathroom, hanging light fixtures, redecorating, etc. I was at Target the other day and found a cabinet for my bathroom on clearance. We have a pretty small master bath so we need to utilize every inch of space we have with storage cabinets. There was already a cabinet over our sink but it was old and I just didn't like it. So, I bought the one at Target. I discovered that it is bigger than the old one and I would need to go ahead and replace the light fixture if I was going to go ahead and hang the new cabinet. Imagine my surprise when I find this behind the old light fixture and cabinet!! Not quite sure what happened but it looks like someone just yanked the electrical wires up the wall. Now I get to figure out how to install an electrical box onto a stud that is not center and then patch up this crazy mess in the drywall. You never know what you'll find in a 28 year old house!! Wish me luck!! Well, maybe you should pray for me!!!


2 comments:

The Harveys said...

Yikes!!

Suzanne said...

That's scary! Aren't you glad it's not hiding anymore and you can deal with it now?